I currently work for WireFilter, a company specialized in building Internet parental control and filtering, visit our web site for more details.
Name: Rayed A. Alrashed
Email: rayed at rayed.com
Martial Status: Married
Mobile: +966 5 0341 6470
Systems and Development Manager in a professionally managed organization where my knowledge & experience can be best utilized for the growth of organization.
Director of Technical Planning & Design
SAUDI NET, Saudi Telecommunication Company Nov. 2003 – Present
- Leading SAUDI NET development team.
- Leading SAUDI NET second-line support team.
- Operating and maintaining SAUDI NET billing system, Internet Management System (IMS).
- Designing and developing product and services on SAUDI NET billing system, Internet Management System (IMS).
- Providing internal training sessions.
Senior System Specialist
SAUDI NET, Saudi Telecommunication Company Mar. 2001 – Nov.2003
- Designing and developing SAUDI NET Internet service infrastructure, DNS, Web, and caching farm.
- Designing and developing a scalable email infrastructure for corporate and residential customers, including advanced Spam filter, Virus protection, and webmail access, and management applications.
- Designing and developing customer customizable public portal. http://my.saudi.net.sa
- Developing SMS gateway service, used by both SAUDI NET portal, and by internal monitoring system, including developing SMPP client software to connect to Aljawal SMS Centre.
- Building monitoring and trend analysis systems for SAUDI NET infrastructure.
- Building and managing SAUDI NET documentation server.
- Supporting all internal Solaris, Linux, FreeBSD servers.
- Trouble shooting and resolving customer related problem.
System and Network Administrator
Internet Services Unit, King Abdulaziz City for Science & Technology 1997 – 1999 (2 years)
- Responsible of email, www, DNS service for KACST.
- Managing ISU first caching proxies.
- Managing KACST internal network.
- Design and implementing Audio/Video broadcasting solution.
Master in Computer Science, GPA 3.87 / 4
George Washington University, Washington, DC, USA, 2001.
Bachelor in Computer Science, GPA 3.40 / 5
King Saud university, Riyadh, KSA, 1997.
- Sun Certified System Administrator
- Sun Certified Network Administrator
- Sun Certified Data Management Engineer
- HP OpenView Certified Consultant in Network Management
- Middle management: Teamwork, Riyadh, April 2004.
- Middle management: Leading & Managing people, Riyadh, Mars 2004.
- Middle management: Communication Skills, Riyadh,. Mars 2004.
- Identifying and Confirming User Requirements. Learning Tree, London, UK. December 2003.
- Project Management for Software Development. Learning Tree, London, UK. December 2003.
- Internet Management System, DigiQuant, Copenhagen, Denmark December 2002.
Technical Skill Keywords
System Administration, System development, UNIX, Solaris, FreeBSD, Linux, Shell script, sed, awk, Perl, Python, C, C++, Java, CORBA, Servelts, JSP, PHP, HTML, CSS, XML, XSL, Oracle, MySQL, PostgrSQL JDBC, security, web security, SSH, SSL, system hardening, NIS, LDAP, OpenLDAP, NFS, DNS, Bind, HTTP, Apache, Caching Prxoies, Squid, FTP, proftpd, POP3, IMAP, uw-imap, Cyrus IMAP, SMTP, Sendmail, Postfix, Spam, Spamassassin, AntiVirus, ClamAV, NTP, DHCP, SMB, Samba, Radius, Tacacs, TFTP, SNMP, monitoring, Nagios, statistics, Cricket, SMS, SMPP, billing, invoicing, accounting, rating, clustering, routing, Cisco, packet filtering, firewalls, content switch, Foundry.
- Fluent in Arabic and English.
- Highly organized.
- Self-motivated, dedicated, and a hard working person.
- Excellent team worker.
- Quick learner, enjoy new challenges.
- Excellent motivational skills.