The next logical step is to write a CRUD application with Parent/Child relationship, the application is bit more verbose but it follow the same simple logic used in the first post.
In fact I didn’t write a single application, I wrote five stand alone applications that shows different ways to implement CRUD operations:
- books_simple: Single table CRUD operations.
- books_pc_formset: Parent/Child CRUD operation using Django formsets, which means editing the children in the sample form as the parent.
- books_pc_formset2: similar to previous app but uses a foreign key in the children.
- books_pc_multiview: Parent/Child CRUD operation using multiple one view for the parent and another seperate view for the children.
- books_pc_multiview2: similar to previous app but uses a foreign key in the children.
You can find the code here:
Hope you find it useful, and please let me know if it needs any improvements.